Custom Ski Graphics
Want to personalize your skis? Design your own custom graphic and we'll print it!
We press your digital design into a plastic topsheet using the highest quality sublimation inks. During this process the ink actually becomes a gas and permeates into the plastic, actually becoming part of the plastic.
Read below for some of the options we offer, but if you don't see the answer to your question, just get ahold of us at 231.459.4323, live chat, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
I have my graphic, what do I need to do to set it up for skis? See below
Add Custom Graphic for Only $50-100
Semi-Custom Topsheet - $50
Includes two options from the list below:
- Use a graphic from another Shaggy’s model. View Graphics Here.
- Swap main colors on the graphic
- Add your name or message
- Add your own logo on top of the graphic
Full Custom Topsheet - $100
- You create your own one-of-a-kind topsheet design
- You have a clear idea for your design and the required images and we'll put it together for you
Once you've placed your order we will contact you regarding your graphic and always send you a mockup of the graphic on skis prior to printing!
Need help? Have an idea for a graphic but have NO IDEA how to put it into print? We can make that idea a reality for a reasonable design fee. Just contact us and we’ll get to work!
Want to order your skis now but don’t have your graphic ready? No problem! Go ahead and order, add the graphic fee and put a note on your order that you’ll send your graphic at a later date.
How to Design your Custom Ski Graphic
- Your custom graphics need to be designed as a rectangle with the dimensions of 32 cm wide by the length of the ski plus 10 cm long (ie Ahmeek 180 cm + 10 cm = 190 cm total). This will include both skis as a pair.
- When designing your custom ski graphic, we recommend you use a graphic program that supports layers such as: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, CorelDRAW, Corel Paintshop Pro, or if you do not have a graphics program you can use GIMP which is a free open-source program (http://www.gimp.org/).
- Once your purchase is complete, we will send you a specific model design layout template that you can use for general placement, please remember that there may be slight shifts during pressing and to leave adequate room for that (full bleed to the rectangle)
- Once you have your basic design done, you should paste the graphic layout provided by Shaggy's into a new layer (top layer) to see how the graphic will look with the ski cutouts and make necessary graphic adjustments. Remember to turn the ski layout layer off prior to exporting the file for print. See image below for reference.
- The design should be done using the CMYK color space (this is how they will be printed), so if it is designed in another color space the colors may be slightly off. We cannot guarantee perfect color accuracy.
- The design should be done in at least 150 dpi, but we recommend doing them at 200 dpi.
- The files should be exported as a TIFF file, we will provide an upload link to submit the file (they are LARGE).
- In most instances we will incorporate a small ski information emblem on the skis in an appropriate location near binding placement.
Sizing skis is a little bit of an art and a little bit of a science. There are numerous factors that all effect the optimal ski length for you.
A few of the factors are:
- Skier size and weight
- Skier ability
- Type of terrain you like
- Where you normally ski
- Current ski size
The list could go on and on, but if you need help with the decision, always feel free to call us at 231.459.4323, live chat, or email us!
Here's a basic chart based solely on height, to get you started.
||Suggested Lengths (cm)