Custom Ski Graphics
Want to personalize your skis? Design your own custom graphic and we'll print it!
We press your digital design into a plastic topsheet using the highest quality sublimation inks. During this process the ink actually becomes a gas and permeates into the plastic, actually becoming part of the plastic.
A standard custom graphic is printed on the bottom of extra durable clear gloss nylon and coated with a white epoxy on the backside. This means your graphic is under the first layer of clear gloss plastic and offer the best protection. We also offer a number of options for clear windows to show off the inside of the ski, gloss, and matte finishes; please call us a 231.459.4323 or email email@example.com for more information on special materials.
Don't know where to start? Just give us a call at 231.459.4323 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get help.
Have an idea but need an artist? We can take care of that for you! Contact us to make your dreams a reality!
I have my graphic, what do I need to do to set it up for skis? See below
Add Custom Graphic for Only $99
How to Design your Custom Ski Graphic
- Your custom graphics need to be designed as a rectangle with the dimensions of 32 cm wide by the length of the ski plus 10 cm long (ie Ahmeek 180 cm + 10 cm = 190 cm total). This will include both skis as a pair.
- When designing your custom ski graphic, we recommend you use a graphic program that supports layers such as: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, CorelDRAW, Corel Paintshop Pro, or if you do not have a graphics program you can use GIMP which is a free open-source program (http://www.gimp.org/).
- Once your purchase is complete, we will send you a specific model design layout template that you can use for general placement, please remember that there may be slight shifts during pressing and to leave adequate room for that (full bleed to the rectangle)
- Once you have your basic design done, you should paste the graphic layout provided by Shaggy's into a new layer (top layer) to see how the graphic will look with the ski cutouts and make necessary graphic adjustments. Remember to turn the ski layout layer off prior to exporting the file for print. See image below for reference.
- The design should be done using the CMYK color space (this is how they will be printed), so if it is designed in another color space the colors may be slightly off. We cannot guarantee perfect color accuracy.
- The design should be done in at least 150 dpi, but we recommend doing them at 200 dpi.
- The files should be exported as a TIFF file, we will provide an upload link to submit the file (they are LARGE).
- In most instances we will incorporate a small ski information emblem on the skis in an appropriate location near binding placement.
Sizing skis is a little bit of an art and a little bit of a science. There are numerous factors that all effect the optimal ski length for you.
A few of the factors are:
- Skier size and weight
- Skier ability
- Type of terrain you like
- Where you normally ski
- Current ski size
The list could go on and on, but if you need help with the decision, always feel free to call us at 231.459.4323, live chat, or email us!
Here's a basic chart based solely on height, to get you started.
||Suggested Lengths (cm)
Signup for Discounts and News
We'll only send you good stuff, like ski videos, events, factory updates, and a good deal every once and a while.